A Preview into 2015
I unofficially joined a goal group last week, and tomorrow we will be checking in via Google Hangouts to discuss what our goals are for the year and how we have been doing with them. I guess that makes it official. It’s that accountability thing, popping up again.
Incidentally, two paths converge: the DeskPM blogging challenge and the goal group encouraged using the SMART framework to create specific, measurable goals:
- Specific – target a specific area for improvement
- Measurable – quantify an indicator of progress
- Assignable – specify who will do it. I’ve also seen this stand for “Attainable” – hmm...
- Realistic – let’s face the music and stick with realistic parameters
- Time-related – specify when the result(s) can be achieved
As I’ve mentioned before, goal setting is something I am working on improving. To me, some of the parameters using the SMART framework overlap a bit. I suppose the relevance of each attribute can also depend upon the goal specified.
My blogging/writing goals for 2015 are as follows:
- Blog/publish weekly on this website, and capture ongoing ideas and narratives in Evernote
- Contribute to meaningful discussions in the DeskPM community on a weekly basis
- Tweet no more than twice a day with random quips, because sometimes, I can get out of hand...
Wish me luck!